Simpson Strong-Tie hurricane ties are designed to resist high winds and seismic forces by positively connecting trusses/rafters to the top of wall of the structure. These ties connect both solid-sawn and engineered lumber across a wide range of applications. Some hurricane tie models are available with additional corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications.
- Great for connecting 2x deck joists on top of a perpendicular beam
- Install in pairs on either side of the rafter/truss/joist to provide resistance to uplift and lateral forces
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Made from 18-Gauge steel
- Galvanized for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with 8dx1-1/2 in. nails